03 May, 2012

Becoming the person we're meant to be

In this final month of studying abroad, my life has taken a turn I never saw coming. I know that life doesn't throw things at us when we cannot handle them, therefore it's true that everything happens for a reason. I've been catching up on my solitary thinking and trying to work out all the kinks. However, thinking only does so much, it's time that tells all. 

All I know is I cannot control the actions of others, the only thing I can control are my own. Although I wish things were perfect, I know what doesn't kill us make us stronger. The path I'm on now is the right one. I found there is a constant battle within myself of what to do with the situation at hand, but I know I have to make myself happy, and do what is right for myself. 

I'm not one to quote Facebook, but the other day I read an interesting quote and I hope it finds it's way to the right people. As individuals, we make our own decisions. We make our own lives. At some point we have to step back and decide who we want to be. 

~~~
 
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

No comments:

Post a Comment